Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 157: Strawberry & Banana Popsicles (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I recently decided to invest in a ZOKU Quick Pop Maker, as my kids love Popsicles and I was hoping to sneak healthier ingredients into their favorite treat. Since this was our first time trying the Quick Pop Maker, we didn't combine the strawberry and banana flavors into one pop, as this took an additional step with the machine.  We made strawberry ones and banana ones separately, and the kids loved both.  I personally thought there was a bit too much lemon juice in both, particularly the banana flavor, but as you can see, my banana-loving child wasn't fazed!
Strawberry Popsicle Ingredients:
6 ounces hulled, quartered strawberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons sugar

Combine ingredients in a mini food processor (I used my Magic Bullet machine) until smooth.  Freeze mixture in Popsicle molds for a few hours (or 7-9 minutes with the Zoku Quick Pop Maker!).
Banana Popsicle Ingredients:
6 ounces (about ¾ cup) mashed ripe bananas (this was two small bananas for me)
2 tablespoons milk
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon sugar

Combine using the method described above -- puree, freeze & enjoy!
Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment