Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 124: Separating Yolks & Egg Whites (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

This is genius -- and eliminates my need to buy separated egg whites at the store, which I never think taste very good.  Start with regular eggs and an empty bowl (or two).
Crack a few eggs in the bowl, and then position a (clean and empty) water bottle over one of the yolks.  Make sure the bottle is upright and that you're squeezing the bottle a tiny bit before touching the opening of the bottle with the yolk to remove; release the squeeze once you've made contact with the yolk and quickly turn the bottle right-side up again to contain the yolk inside the bottle.
The first time I tried this I attempted removing more than one yolk (with other yolks still inside the bottle).  I did not have success with this, and ended up with this mess on my hands...all the yolks dripped back into the egg whites while I was trying to "squeeze" up additional yolks.
However, I did have success removing just one yolk at a time, dropping it into a separate bowl and then going back to get another yolk.
Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment