Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 126: Simple Steamed Broccoli (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

We eat lots of broccoli in this house, as it's the only steamed vegetable my kids will eat.  With the combination of the sugar in the water and the melted butter, I thought they would love this; my husband and I thought it was delicious, but the kids missed the salty taste (I usually mix the steamed broccoli with coconut oil and salt).  I plan to do this recipe again to see if the kiddos take to it on the second attempt.

Ingredients:
3-4 cups fresh broccoli
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup butter (this seemed like a lot to me -- I used half of this)
water

Instructions:
Place the sugar and water in the bottom of pot; insert steamer basket.  Bring water to a boil and then reduce heat to medium.

Add broccoli to basket and cover with a lid.  Steam for 7-8 minutes.

While steaming broccoli, melt butter in the microwave.

Mix broccoli and butter together.
Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment