Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Day 127: Upholstery Stain Remover (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I had credit at our local kids' consignment store and decided to "purchase" this cute chair (for free!) for my daughter's room.  I figured I could re-upholstery the seat, if needed, but this upholstery stain remover did the trick to take the majority of the stains out!
Chair with original stains:
Ingredients:
Baking soda (enough to cover stains)
1/2 tablespoon of vinegar
1/2 tablespoon of dish soap (I used Dawn)
1 cup hot water

Instructions:
Sprinkle baking soda on the stain and let it sit for 10 minutes.  I was very liberal with my baking soda.  If taking stains out of carpet, the pin says to vacuum the baking soda up after 10 minutes, but I left mine on and think it may have helped to "exfoliate" the stains out of the fabric in combination with the solution below.
 Create a solution by mixing the water, vinegar and dish soap together.
With a clean cloth, blot / scrub at the stain with the solution until the stains are gone (or much less visible).  Voila!
 Here are the before and after shots of the chair upholstery, close-up!
Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment