Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 121: Cilantro Lime Dressing (fail).

Pinterest pin and website link.

This wasn't horrible, but it tasted pretty bland and was very runny; I could overwhelmingly taste the olive oil while eating the salad.  I love cilantro lime dressings, so I'm still on the hunt for an amazing homemade one!

Ingredients:
1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil

1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar1/8 teaspoon salt

Instructions:
Puree all ingredients in a blender (I used my "Magic Bullet" blender) until smooth.
I then cut up all my veggies for a chopped salad -- romaine, corn, black beans, tomatoes, green onions and red peppers -- and poured the salad dressing on top.

Verdict: FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment