Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 132: Baby Food Jars as Party Favors (fail).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I don't consider myself a hoarder, but then I find a box of random baby jar containers and lids that I have no idea why a) I saved and b) I moved from the house we were in when we had our babies to the house we are in now with toddlers / kids.  My youngest "baby" is almost three, so these jars have been taking up space for far too long!
I thought it would be symbolic to use my youngest child's baby jars as party favors for her upcoming "ballerina" birthday party.  It looked easy enough -- I had the jars, lids and candy, and just needed to buy the pink "ballet slipper" spray paint.

This project was a disaster!  The more I spray painted the lids, the more the lid writing was visible -- and smudged (see below -- the jar on the left was spray painted the least and the one on the right was painted the most)! Perhaps if I was gluing something on to the tops of these, they would have looked okay, but I didn't want to have an additional cost added to an item that people would just throw away when they get home from the party; I decided against doing that.
Verdict: FAIL.  I will eat the candy, the jars are going in the recycling and the lids are getting trashed tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment