Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 142: Using Baking Soda to Exfoliate (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

Through this pin-a-day journey I'm on, I've discovered that the most versatile item in my house is baking soda.  It feels like it can -- and should! -- be used for everything!  About two months ago, I decided to attempt using baking soda as a facial exfoliate, and it has worked great!  I decided to spare you a close-up photo of my face, and instead explain just how different my face feels :)

Instructions:
Wet your face (I use a washcloth).  Pump a quarter-sized dollop of facial cleanser into the palm of your hand (as you can see, my true Costco loyalty extends even to my facial cleanser!).  Pour about a teaspoon of baking soda into your hand and mix well to combine with the facial cleanser.  Using a circular motion, massage the mixture onto the skin for 30 seconds to remove dirt, oil and dead skin, particularly around the nose, chin and forehead.  Rinse the baking soda scrub away (this is my only complaint with the baking soda scrub -- I try to carefully wash it away with a washcloth, but this step can be a bit irritating to my skin.  It takes a few times of wiping my face and rinsing out the washcloth before the gritty baking soda is completely removed from my face).  Repeat once a week.
I've tried other exfoliating treatments in the past, and my skin has never felt this smooth.  Try it!

Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment