Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Day 134: Pineapple Whip (fail).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I've never had a Dole Whip at Disneyland before, but this homemade version is supposed to be close to the real deal, and since I like all the ingredients separately, I thought I would give it a try!  Unfortunately, the ingredient combo just wasn't good -- the almond milk and pineapple didn't meld well, and it seemed like there should be more honey included.

Ingredients:
1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, chopped and frozen (or, store-bought, frozen pineapple)
1 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon honey

Instructions:
The blog author suggested using a Vitamix or food processor versus a blender to get an ice cream-like consistency.  I used the food processor attachment on top of my blender and halved the recipe.
Combine the frozen pineapple with the almond milk and honey, and blend until smooth (this took awhile for me).  The full recipe makes 4-6 servings.  Serve immediately.
Verdict: FAIL (due to taste).

No comments:

Post a Comment