Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day 120: Orange Julius Popsicles (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

These tasted exactly like the original Orange Julius drink, and brought me right back to my junior high days of hanging out at the mall :)

Ingredients:
6 ounces (thawed) orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

**When I was setting out my ingredients, I accidentally put out plain Greek yogurt too, but that's not included in this recipe.
Our Popsicle molds are missing in action -- and I don't have this awesome Zoku Quick Pop Maker (but may need to get one!) -- so I made some makeshift Popsicle holders with cups and straws taped together.  It wasn't pretty, but it worked!

Instructions:
Whisk all ingredients together until well mixed.  Pour into Popsicle molds (cups, in my case).  To make my Popsicle sticks stand up (in my case, straws), I put tinfoil over the top and poked the straws through.
I froze them for 4 hours, ran some warm water on the outside of the cup to remove the Popsicle, and...
 ...voila!  They were funny-looking, but delicious!
Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment