Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 36: Rainbow Shaving Cream Bath Paint (success -- with a disclaimer).

Pinterest pin and website link.

My kids LOVED this.  I think they would have spent 6 hours in the bath -- in freezing water -- to continue doing this!  It was so easy to make, and my only disclaimer is that I, like the original blog author, have white bath tiles and grout.  In her post above, she said that the food coloring didn't discolor any of her tiles, and I found that to be true too -- however, I do have a very slight blue-ish tint to the grout between some of the tiles that wouldn't go away with lots of scrubbing / cleaner.  My thought is that no one but me will notice this, plus my kids are already asking me daily when we can do this activity again, but I wanted to make sure I said something because blue grout might bother some people!

Ingredients:
foaming shaving cream (I used the kind for sensitive skin)
food coloring
containers / paint brushes

Simply mix well and give to your kids in the bath!
Verdict: success!

2 comments: