Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 58: Homemade Flour Paint (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

My kids loved this paint!  Personally, I felt it was a little difficult to get the perfect paint consistency (it tended towards gloppy or runny -- but nothing in between, despite adding only small amounts of water at a time!).  However, that didn't matter at all to my 2 and 4 year old - they had so much fun!

Ingredients:
* Flour
* Liquid watercolor paints (purchased from Discount School Supply)
* Water
Supplies:
* Whisk
* Paintbrushes
* Butcher paper

Instructions:
Whisk about a 1/2 cup of flour with a tablespoon of liquid watercolor and a squirt of water.  If the paint is too thick, add more water a little bit at a time.  Then, I sat back with a glass of wine and watched my kids create!
Verdict: success.

No comments:

Post a Comment