Sunday, February 23, 2014

Day 54: Imitation Mary Kay's "Satin Hands" Scrub (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I had a few people try this recipe (one of whom is a loyal fan / user of Mary Kay's "Satin Hands" treatment), and this got all-around rave reviews.  Plus, it gets bonus points for being super easy and inexpensive to make, and it now looks so pretty sitting on my new soap / sponge stand in the kitchen.  


Ingredients:


* Sugar
* Dawn Ultra Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Scent Dishwashing Liquid (found at a drugstore for $4)
* Container

Instructions:
Add the sugar to the container first (leaving room at the top so you can easily stir the sugar and soap together) and then slowly add Dawn Ultra Hand Renewal.  Do this slowly, as you don't want the consistency to be too runny.  The original author suggests that the consistency should be similar to creamy peanut butter.
Verdict: success!

Suggestion for Dry Hands: I had others try this recipe because I felt like my hands were unusually dry after trying it -- but no one else experienced this.  If you tend towards dry hands, the author suggests using vegetable glycerin in the scrub.  I haven't tried that, but likely will the next time I make this!  Or, you could try this Lemon Sugar Scrub, which worked great for my dry hands in this cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment