Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 52: Tub and Shower Magic (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

Instructions: Mix equal parts Dawn and (warmed) vinegar in a spray bottle.  

This vinegar and dawn cleaning solution smells so good and works really well to remove soap scum and dirt, plus it eliminated much of the "yellowing" in my white sinks.
 Dingy kitchen sink -- before using the solution.
 Clean kitchen sink -- after using the solution.
 Dingy and stained laundry room sink -- before using the solution.
 Cleaner sink -- after a 10 minute soak with the solution.
 And even cleaner sink -- after soaking 12+ hours in the solution.
Although I was hoping this solution would remove all the old paint stains in my laundry room sink, that wasn't the advertised result.  I was so excited about how clean the sinks were that I ran around cleaning out the rest of the house sinks, plus garbage cans and dirty Sterilite bins scattered throughout the house!  I'll be using this cleaner again!

Verdict: success!

As I was looking through these pictures, I realized I should also try rubbing alcohol on the laundry room sink, as I had good results in using that to remove old paint from hardwoods (link here) and moldings (link here).  Within a few minutes of scrubbing with straight rubbing alcohol, the inside of the laundry room sink looks considerably better!

No comments:

Post a Comment