Saturday, February 1, 2014

Day 32: The Best Banana Bread (without dirtying a single dish) (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

My niece always mentions that my house smells like bananas, and I'm starting to wonder if that's actually a bad thing since my bananas typically look like this...

After she left yesterday, I decided to make a batch of banana muffins to get these bananas out of my house.  I found the above pin that said I wouldn't use a single dish, and I was in!  It's made in a plastic gallon bag, so truthfully, I didn't dirty a single dish, although I did use more measuring cups and spoons than the blog author did.

Ingredients:
3 brown bananas (1 cup mashed)
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour*
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375ºF.

In a large Ziploc bag, mash the bananas. Add the eggs, seal the bag, and shake and squish until combined. Add the sugar and mix well. Dump in the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Before zipping and mixing them all the way in, mix them together a little with your measuring spoon. Now add the oil and vanilla and shake and squish until well combined. 

Snip the corner of the bag and squirt the batter into a lined muffin tin.  Don't make the hole very big at all because the batter is very runny.

Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (mine needed a few more minutes -- more like 25).

I omitted her glaze recipe since I figured my kids would devour them -- and I was right!
Verdict: Delicious!  I loved the lack of dishes, plus how easy it was to squirt the mix into the muffin tins -- usually, I have muffin mix all over the pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment