Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 41: Waffle Iron Hash Browns (fail).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I had such high hopes for this pin, since I love hash browns, waffles and tator tots.  Alas, the combination wasn't meant to be...

I heated my waffle iron, sprayed it with non-stick spray, placed frozen tator tots on the iron, and pressed the lid closed (it took about 2 minutes to be able to clip my waffle iron together and step away to make the rest of the meal).  When the timer went off, the tator tots didn't quite look done, so I left them for 3+ additional minutes until they looked like this:
Then I tried gently extricating the tator tots from the waffle iron.  As you can see, I was relatively unsuccessful :)
I may have still said this was a success, but the taste just wasn't there -- tator tots are so much better when baked in the oven and eaten hot.  These were too hard in places, too soft in others, and just all around icky (my technical term!).

Verdict: fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment