Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 37: Rolled Towel as Bed Rail (success -- with a disclaimer).

Pinterest pin and website link.

We just moved our daughter from a crib to a twin bed; it turns out that she is quite a fitful sleeper and fell out the first night.  I didn't want to invest in a crib rail since I'm hoping she won't need it for long, so we tried the rolled up towel trick (many other people on Pinterest suggested using a pool noodle, but I wanted to try something we already had at our house). She hasn't fallen out again, which I count as a success, but it's been a little annoying because the towel tends to droop down the side of the mattress after a day or two.  I'm thinking it's because she has a thin IKEA mattress versus a regular-sized mattress and the fitted sheet isn't very tight.  That small annoyance is better than having her fall out of bed or pay to have yet another contraption in the house, so I'm counting this as a success!  This would also work great while traveling!
Verdict: success!

No comments:

Post a Comment