Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 55: Lemon Sugar Scrub (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

For my second attempt at making a homemade hand scrub, I went for one that promised not to contribute to my already dry hands!  This one worked great, and is also super easy to make.

Ingredients:
* sugar
* extra virgin olive oil
* lemon essential oil
Instructions: Mix 2 cups sugar with 1 cup of olive oil.  Add lemon essential oil to your liking (I added 16 tiny drops).  To use the scrub, rub about a teaspoon of lemon scrub onto wet hands. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Apply your favorite lotion while hands are still damp, as lotion will absorb better on damp hands.

Verdict: success!  Although I've been using this frequently and my hands are less dry than before, I wanted to mention that the sugar and olive oil separate between uses.  That might be an issue if you're planning to make this as a gift (see picture below), but for my personal use, I just mix it up again with a spoon each time and it's ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment