Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 100: Greek Yogurt Chicken (fail).

I had big plans to do an exciting post for day 100, but truthfully, it's been a bad day all around and I feel lucky to be getting any post at all in by 11 PM :)

Pinterest pin and larger picture (no website).

This chicken dish has such potential to be amazing, but as is (from following the recipe), it was literally the saltiest thing I've ever tasted.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp garlic powder
1-1/2 tsp seasoning salt (I only had regular salt, and used 1 tsp only)
1/2 tsp pepper
4-5 chicken breasts (I used tenderloins)
Mix ingredients together and spread over chicken.  Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Done -- and very difficult to eat due to all the salt!
I'm definitely making this again, but eliminating most (all?) the salt.  I feel like Parmesan cheese is already salty, so the next time, I am going to try just the cheese, yogurt and pepper to spread over the chicken.


Verdict: FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment