Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Favorite: OxiClean Paste.

I didn't have much luck using an OxiClean and warm water solution to clean my stained grout; the recipe never mixed into a paste and therefore didn't saturate into my shower grout.  However, I have since discovered that OxiClean does work wonders for cleaning when it is mixed into an actual paste and left on for many, many hours -- I couldn't find any recipes online, but instead scooped out some OxiClean powder, added a little bit of water and mixed the two together until it formed a very thick paste; make sure it's not too watery!  I then applied the paste with an old toothbrush, let it sit overnight for 12+ hours, and then used a grout scrubbing brush to work away the stains.  I had to do this process multiple times in my shower, and although it's not perfect, it looks so much better!
Stained grout (please don't judge me!).
What my paste looked like when I applied it to the grout:
What the paste looked like after 12+ hours of sitting on the grout:
Below was the result after the first 12 hours with the paste on my shower grout + scrubbing with a grout brush.  I still wasn't satisfied, so I mixed up more paste and applied it again for another 12+ hours.
I was so happy with my second attempt!

Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment