Saturday, April 19, 2014

Day 109: Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I had a can of pumpkin in my pantry and wanted to try making pumpkin pie refrigerator oatmeal for my pumpkin-loving husband.  However, the recipe calls for pumpkin pie spice, which I didn't have.  Luckily, I had all the spices already in my cupboard to make my own!

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Instructions:
Whisk together the spices in a small, air-tight container with a lid.  

Yields about 1/4 cup of pumpkin pie spice.

This worked perfectly, and my husband loved the new flavor of refrigerator oatmeal; I still like the blueberry one best!

Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment