Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 92: Break-Up with Your Build-Up (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

We have hard water where we live, and I vacillate between my annoyance for the hard water spots on our glass shower doors and how dry my scalp / hair is (something that I didn't realize was caused by hard water minerals, but now see the connection).  My hair ends up looking frizzy much of the time and I notice that with the colder weather, my scalp is particularly dry:
I have loads of baking soda in this house (Costco!), so I tried this "break-up with your build-up" pin about removing build-up from hair that has accumulated from shampoos / conditioners, hard water minerals, environment, hair products, etc.  All you need is baking soda and water!

Recipe:
1/3 cup baking soda
4 T water (I used the hard water from my tap, which seems counter-productive -- but it seemed to work!).

Mix together the two ingredients to form a paste and then step into your shower.  I made my hair wet, and then starting with the ends, massaged the paste into my hair / scalp.  I left it on for 15 minutes, and then washed my hair with my normal shampoo and conditioner.
Voila!
My hair is definitely less frizzy, but honestly, the best part of this has been that my scalp no longer seems dry / flaky at all -- here's hoping that continues!

Verdict: SUCCESS!

1 comment:

  1. And you had at least 15 mins alone (hopefully) while in the shower! ;-)

    ReplyDelete