Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Day 105: Refrigerator Oatmeal (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I have only tried one recipe from the original post, but this overnight, refrigerated oatmeal is so good!  This may be my new, easy, "go to" breakfast option!

Ingredients for Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal:
1/4 cup uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup milk (I used 1%)
1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt (I used honey Greek yogurt instead of plain)
1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
2 teaspoons maple syrup (I used Agave)
1/4 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
Instructions:
In a small mason jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds and syrup.  Put the lid on the jar and shake to combine.  Remove lid, add blueberries, and stir until well mixed.  Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight, or up to 2 days.  Eat chilled.
Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment