Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 106: Oatmeal & Banana Breakfast Muffins (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

Although I thought these were a little bland, my kids devoured them (due to the chocolate chips, perhaps??) and when I make them again, I'll add another banana or two to enhance that particular flavor.

Ingredients:
2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 ripe bananas (but I'd add 3 or 4 instead)
Chocolate chips


Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and line muffin tins with silicone or foil liners (I used paper liners, and the muffins stuck to the paper).
2. Place oats in a blender or food processor and blend until oats are smooth.  Add remaining ingredients to the blender, or mix in a Kitchen Aid stand mixer (I chose the second option).
3. Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).  

Isn't everyone's kid dressed as a bunny these days in preparation for the Easter Bunny's arrival this Sunday?!  This cute bunny has been eating 2-3 muffins in one sitting!
Verdict: SUCCESS!

2 comments:

  1. We are making these right now! I have a little girl who was so excited to make them just the way your son did. And she plans to eat them just the way he did. :)

    ReplyDelete