Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 11: Crock-Pot Mashed Potatoes (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

We love mashed potatoes done in the slow cooker -- they're so good and easy.  When I make them for our little family of four, I use our 1.5 quart Crock-Pot, throw in 4-5 Sierra gold potatoes, a 1/2 cup of water, salt and pepper, and drastically reduce the amount of butter (pictured below).
Then after cooking for 6-8 hours, I add approximately a 1/2 cup of milk while beating with an electric mixer.
Although the end result is not quite as creamy as using all the butter recommended, it makes me feel less guilty feeding these to my family as often as I do!  I have made these for holidays, however, and I follow the recipe exactly -- butter consumption doesn't count on holidays, right??

Verdict: LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment