Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 12: Pumpkin Bread (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

My husband loves any pumpkin-flavored food item, but whenever I open a cap of pumpkin for a recipe, I end up with at least 1/2 a can left over in the fridge.  In trying to use up that extra pumpkin puree, I have been trying to find a go-to pumpkin bread recipe that tastes great and also freezes well, and I think I've found it!  
Ingredients.
I made them into muffins this time -- and just shortened the cook time to about 25 minutes at 350 degrees.  My kids are more apt to eat muffins than a slice of bread...
Verdict: Success!  The sour cream makes the bread / muffins stay really moist after baking and / or freezing.  My only complaint is that I wish there was less sugar in it.  In the future, I may experiment with using agave nectar (and less of it) -- when I do, I'll post an update here about how it tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment