Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 16: Whipped Cream Cut-Out Shapes (fail).

Pinterest pin.  Website link no longer works.

I had such high hopes for this pin, but it did not pan out as projected.  My kids love hot chocolate, and I knew they would get super excited about fun shapes floating at the top of their mug.  One might argue that this didn't turn out quite right because a) I used light Cool Whip instead of the real deal and b) I didn't use a cookie sheet.  However, the pinned picture of the cut-out heart looks much thicker than the height of a cookie sheet, so I went with the glass Pyrex instead.  
Set-up:
I found it much easier to spread the whipped cream after letting it soften for about five minutes.
It's difficult to see the shapes (my camera was having issues the last few days -- it was most definitely user error), but I could barely scrape the car and heart shapes from the pan, and although they looked kind of cute for a second while I snapped the picture, they almost immediately sunk and then disintegrated into a big blob.
Verdict: fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment