Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 20: Crock-Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal (fail).

Pinterest pin and website link.

To be fair, I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal.  However, I do like apples, cinnamon, and (as you know) my Crock-Pot -- and the pinned picture looked much more appetizing to me than regular oatmeal, so I decided to give it a try.
Ingredients.
All loaded into the Crock-Pot.  Looking good, right??
Not anymore.  This is after cooking on low for 9 hours.
This recipe smelled so promising while it was cooking today, but the end result was not good -- the taste was pretty bland and the texture was mushy.  Our kids wouldn't try it and my sweet husband, who normally eats anything I make, agreed that I shouldn't make it again.

Verdict: fail.

2 comments:

  1. Should have went for the steel cut oats. Anything designed to cook quickly will resort to mush cooked for hours. I think it's worth a shot...and take off the plastic on your crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions -- I will try it again with steel cut oats! That plastic is a liner designed for crock pots, so I don't think that should make a difference with the end result...?

      Delete