Thursday, January 30, 2014

Day 30: Ice Cream Shapes (fail).

Pinterest pin.  No website link.

I feel like I am typically the mom at my kids' birthday parties who is hot and bothered while trying frantically to scoop ice cream -- and I was hoping to change that pattern with this pin.  No such luck -- using cookie cutter shapes with ice cream worked about as well for me as using cookie cutter shapes with whipped cream.

I left the ice cream out of the freezer for about 5 minutes so that I could spread it easily in the pan.  So far, so good...
I then put it back in the freezer for about an hour before attempting the cookie cutter shapes...
Since this wasn't linked to a website, I'm not sure whether these ice cream shapes were put back into the freezer until the party or served right away.  Either way, this wouldn't be a time-saver for me.  I think it might get a few laughs, but that's not usually what I'm going for at my kids' birthday parties!

Verdict: fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment