Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 23: Felt Wreath (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I love having a wreath hang from my entryway mirror most of the year, and decided to try this red felt wreath (in a traditional circle shape versus the heart) so that I could use it for Christmas, Valentine's Day, and the 4th of July.  I followed the tutorial exactly, with the following two changes:

1) I went to Ben Franklin and used the die-cut machine to cut out my circles.  It takes a TON of felt circles to complete this wreath and I didn't have the energy to cut them all by hand!
2) I lined the back of my wreath with red felt, as part of the back can be seen since I display it against a mirror.
I love the end result, and I simply change out the ribbon it's hanging from based on the holiday and loop it over the upside down command hook on the back of the mirror.  Easy!

Verdict: success!

No comments:

Post a Comment