Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 27: Crock-Pot Pork marinade (fail).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I am determined not to waste any of our Costco pork tenderloins (4 in a pack for $20!), so here's yet another Crock-Pot pork tenderloin recipe we tried!

Ingredients.
I substituted Agave nectar for pancake / maple syrup...
...and misread the directions that said to cook it 6 hours on low; I cooked mine 6 hours on high.  Although it was a bit burnt on the outside, my pork and marinade were frozen, so I subconsciously must have wanted to ensure that it was really cooked in those 6 hours!
My husband liked it and even had seconds, and I agreed that the meat was really tender from sitting in a marinade and cooking in a Crock-Pot.  However, I decided it was a fail because the marinade was really strong -- much too salty and tasted primarily of soy sauce.  It looked pretty plated, though!
Verdict: fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment