Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 29: Using Wax Paper to Align Gallery Wall Frames (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I usually have my husband do all the picture hanging in our house, since the multiple times I've done it, the walls behind the pictures are completely covered in nail holes (which I don't really mind since there are then pictures covering the holes...but it bothers my husband!).  I thought I could do this pin, though, with very little help from him.


Laying out my gallery items (prior to finding pictures and spray painting letters).
Locating gallery location.
Flipping frames over and marking places to nail on wax paper taped together.
Taping the wax paper to the wall, but needing my husband's help to show me how to put in a drywall screw -- and then I did the rest!
 Done!
A few other things: I used medium Command Picture Hanging Strips to hang the N and F letters, and Scotch Adhesive Putty to secure a few pictures to the wall.
I only had to slightly move one nail -- which I definitely count as a success in my book!  I'm now loving this wall in our playroom!

Verdict: success!

No comments:

Post a Comment