Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 15: Molded Chocolate Tutorial (success -- with modifications).

Pinterest pin and website link.

My son loves cars, and (spoiler alert!) we're making molded car chocolates for his preschool Valentine gifts.  I've used these molds once before for his birthday party, and they turned out really cute as party favors:

The only problems with the instructions I found online are that they're missing a key ingredient and an extra step -- I've found that the chocolate is much easier to pour into the mold when a small amount of vegetable or canola oil is added pre-warming in the microwave, plus they seem to harden better when cooled in the fridge.
My modified ingredients. car molds, Wilton candy melts & vegetable oil.
 My sweet helper hard at work.
Finished Valentines for my car-loving boy!
Verdict: success!

No comments:

Post a Comment