Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 6: Crock-Pot Pumpkin Spice Lattes (fail)

Pinterest pin and website link.

I know it's January and no longer pumpkin spice latte "season," but I've been having serious withdrawals!  I thought I'd try a Crock-Pot pumpkin spice latte "pin," but unfortunately, it did not pan out as expected.  Luckily, I halved the recipe, so I didn't have to pour as much down the drain!

Ingredients & Directions:
4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups strongly brewed coffee
3 cups milk
4 tablespoons sugar
Whipped cream (optional)

Combine and whisk all ingredients (minus the whipped cream) in a slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours.  After pouring into cups, top with whipped cream (optional).
Verdict:
There wasn't much of a pumpkin taste to this drink -- and it was much too sugary for my liking. I'm still on the hunt for a Crock-Pot pumpkin spice latte, as it would be so nice to be able to make these at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment