Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 66: Copycat McDonald's Shamrock Shake (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I fully expected for this homemade concoction to fail, as I am an extremely loyal patron of McDonald's during the month of March only -- I go just for their Shamrock Shakes!  However, my whole family was pleasantly surprised and said that this tasted almost identical to the real thing; my husband even said these were better!

Ingredients:
3 cups vanilla ice cream
1 cup whole milk (I only had 1/2 & 1/2 and 2% -- so I mixed them!)
1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
1/4 teaspoon green food color
Whipped cream (optional)
Green sprinkles (optional)
Directions:
Place ice cream, milk, peppermint extract and green food coloring in a blender.  Cover and blend until smooth.  Pour into glasses, and top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if wanted.  Serve immediately.
Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment