Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 62: Spice Cake Cupcakes (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I have wanted to try how other boxed cakes (besides white or vanilla) taste when using the trick for making boxed cupcakes taste like bakery cupcakes.  For my first attempt, I tried a spice cake made into cupcakes.  Although it tasted delicious, my official cupcake tester (and good friend!) noted that it didn't taste as much like a spice cake/cupcake as it should have -- and she was thinking that was because of the added vanilla.  I think I will omit the vanilla in future cupcake tests.  I also found that these were more difficult to frost than the white or vanilla boxed cupcakes had been, and if I make them again, I will freeze them after baking, and then frost them before they thaw.
Verdict: success (in terms of taste!).

No comments:

Post a Comment