Friday, March 28, 2014

Day 87: Circus Animal Truffles (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

Growing up, my Grandma always had these circus animal cookies at her house, so I had sentimental reasons for wanting to make these truffles.

Ingredients:
12-oz package of frosted animal cracker cookies
4 oz of cream cheese
4 squares of vanilla bark

Instructions:
In a food processor or blender, blend the circus animals down into crumbs (it was easier for me to do this in two batches).  Then, mix the cream cheese and cookie crumbs together in a bowl until well-mixed (this took lots of mixing and I wasn't sure that there was enough cream cheese.  Trust me -- there was enought, but I had to use my hands to get the mixture into a ball shape). Mold the mixture into 1-inch size balls, and place them on a wax paper-covered baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for about 30 minutes, at which point the balls will be easier to dip in the white chocolate and not fall apart.
Once the the truffles are hardened, melt the vanilla bark in the microwave. Heat the squares for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between each heat burst and repeating until all the chocolate is melted.  Roll each ball in the melted chocolate until it is fully covered. I used two forks to push the truffle around in the chocolate. Then, using the two forks, carefully pick up the truffle and allow the excess chocolate to run off before placing back on the wax paper. Repeat with all the truffles. 
These were really tasty -- and I must say, looked pretty cute in this makeshift container that I brought to a friend.  Click here for instructions on how to make a regular paper plate into this dessert container!
Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment