Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day 75: Oven Cleaning (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

We've lived in our house for almost two years, and I've used the self-cleaning mode on our oven only once.  The rest of the time, it's a bit of a greasy mess (particularly on the glass window).
Instructions:
Mix up 5 tablespoons of baking soda, 5 drops of Dawn and 4 tablespoons of vinegar into a paste.  Coat the oven, let sit for 15 minutes with the door closed, and then scrub clean.
Although this pin didn't work perfectly, I'm counting it as a success.  I can't get that one large spot off the bottom of the oven -- but it wouldn't come off during the oven's self-cleaning mode either, so I'm thinking it's there to stay.  For very little scrubbing and not using any toxic chemicals, this did the job of removing the grease and cleaning up the oven nicely.
Verdict: SUCCESS!

1 comment:

  1. You are welcome to come test this one at my house too! I am so glad it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete