Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 69: Perfectly Shredded Chicken (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I love this new way of easily shredding chicken!  Around 2 PM today, I realized I didn't know what we were having for dinner (this is a common issue in our house -- but it's typically 430 PM instead!).  I had frozen, marinated chicken breasts that I threw in the Crock-Pot for 3-1/2 hours on high.  I then took them out and put them in my KitchenAid "classic" stand mixer (probably the best wedding gift we received -- I use it all the time).
While the chicken was still warm / hot, I used the "flat beater" attachment and turned the mixer on medium speed.  In 15 seconds, the chicken was perfectly shredded (please excuse the blurry photo -- I think I was excited this worked so well!).
Dinner was super easy -- uncooked green beans, quinoa (made in my rice cooker), shredded chicken on top, and BBQ sauce drizzled over that.  Easy!
Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment