Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 68: Fixing a Dried-Out Marker or Sharpie (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

Is this a trick that everyone but me knew about?!  I am constantly throwing away markers that no longer work because my kids use them and then leave the tops off overnight (or, for a few weeks...).  This pin was a huge success!


This is a dried-out marker before:
For non-permanent markers, soak the tip of the marker in water until a bit of ink swirls out. Then, pop the cap back on and wait 15 minutes before using.
Voila!
This is a dried-out sharpie before... 
For permanent markers, soak the tip of the marker in rubbing alcohol until a bit of ink swirls out. Then, pop the cap back on and wait 15 minutes before using.
Rubbing alcohol:
Swirls of ink:
Success! 
I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about this successful pin :)

Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment