Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 80: Plastic Easter Egg Learning Activities (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

During my 40 Bags in 40 Days cleanse, I came across loads of plastic Easter eggs that are just collecting dust in our house.  
My son rarely likes doing anything educational with me unless I can disguise the learning really well, and this evidently fit the bill.  He was all over the two activities I chose -- a number match and an upper-and-lowercase matching activity (both explained on the above link).  The only thing I changed in both activities was mixing up the colors of the top and bottom parts to each egg; I didn't want him guessing the correct answer by matching colors instead of actually looking at the numbers or letters on the eggs!


I'll be trying more of these when we get a little closer to learning word families or other pre-reading strategies.

Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment