Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Day 85: Pool Noodle as Door Holder (success).

Pinterest pin (website link was blocked because it looked like spam).

I wasn't sure that the pool noodle I purchased at the Dollar Tree would work for this pin (it seemed smaller in width than the more expensive ones I've seen), but it worked great -- I just used a serrated knife to cut it down to the length I wanted, and then to make a slit to slide around the door.  Our doors make an annoying sound when they are opened, and I'm most bothered by it when I have sleeping kids who inevitably wake up 2 minutes after the loud beep!  Since I am constantly going in and out of our garage (we have another fridge/freezer out there, plus keep extra household supplies), I decided to try this pool noodle trick for the door between our house and garage...
It worked perfectly!  My littles continued to sleep, I went in and out of the garage without the door slamming or beeping, and as a bonus, when the kids woke up, no fingers were able to be crushed in the door!

Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment