Friday, March 14, 2014

Day 73: Cleaning Soap Scum off Shower Doors (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

Spring cleaning is in full swing over here -- stay tuned for lots of cleaning pins!  First up were our glass shower doors.  
The soap scum has really built up on these, and I wanted to try putting a few drops of water onto a used fabric-softener sheet and then scrubbing.  This worked great -- I did a few loads of laundry, saved up my fabric softener sheets, and then scrubbed away on the shower doors.  Pictured below, you can see the difference between the side that I'd already scrubbed (on the right) and the one that I hadn't (on the left).  
The only step I added was using Windex and a microfiber cloth after I finished with the dryer sheets -- there was a slight film on the glass from the dryer sheets, and the Windex took it right off.
Verdict: SUCCESS!

1 comment:

  1. First up were our glass shower doors. The soap scum has really built up on these, and I wanted to try putting a few drops of water onto a used ... gshowerdoor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete