Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 67: St. Patrick's Day Rice Krispies Treats (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

My kids seem to like that I'm prepping a few St. Patrick's Day desserts early, as they get to taste test -- these were a huge hit and were super easy to prepare!

Ingredients:
* 1/4 cup of butter
* 4 cups of soft marshmallows
* 5 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
* 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
* green food coloring (I used 6 drops)
* 3/4 cup Lucky Charms marshmallows
My tip:
Give your kids the job of picking the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms cereal. Mine loved this job because they could sneak in some marshmallow eating; I loved it because I didn't have to do it!
Instructions:
Melt butter over low heat until completely melted. Gradually add marshmallows and stir often to avoid burning. When marshmallow / butter mixture is completely melted, add vanilla and green food coloring and mix well. Remove from heat and stir in the Rice Krispies cereal. Once mixture is mostly combined, stir in the Lucky Charms marshmallows.   
Verdict: SUCCESS

No comments:

Post a Comment