Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 81: Funfetti Cake Cookies (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

I've had a love affair with Funfetti cake since college, so I'm surprising even myself when I say I liked these Funfetti cookies even more than the original cake!  They were simple to make, much easier to eat (and transport to one of my most favorite people, who just happened to introduce me to the Funfetti cake mixes years ago), took less time to bake, and didn't have tons of frosting covering it (like a cake does).  These Funfetti sandwich cookies may be my new go-to birthday treat!

Ingredients:
1 package of Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
1/4 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1 can of frosting
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Stir together dry cake mix, oil and eggs.  With hands, roll dough into 1-inch balls before placing them on a cookie sheet.  Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand (I found this more successful than the bottom of a drinking glass, as she suggested).
Bake for 6-7 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.  Cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, remove to cooling racks, and frost (I chose to make sandwich cookies for easy transporting).  Let frosting and cookies cool completely before storing.
 Verdict: SUCCESS!

1 comment:

  1. glad these cookies were a success for you! love that you made sandwich cookies :)

    ReplyDelete