Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 71: Key Lime Cupcakes (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

Ingredients:
  • 1 small box instant Lime Jello
  • two regular limes, zest and juice
  • vanilla frosting (I couldn't find the Pillsbury Key Lime frosting she mentioned -- but if you can find it, that would make these even better!)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In your mixing bowl, prepare white cake mix (either from box directions or how to make a boxed cupcake taste like a bakery cupcake -- I opted for the latter).  Using your electric mixer, beat in your box of lime Jello, 1 tablespoon of lime zest and 2 tablespoons of lime juice.  Fill lined muffin tins 3/4 full.  Bake 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.  Let cupcakes cool 5 minutes in muffin tin before removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling.  Once cupcakes are cooled, frost each cupcake with vanilla frosting.
Verdict: SUCCESS!  Although lime isn't my favorite cupcake flavor, these are fun to add a little green to your St. Patrick's Day.  Just a side-note: when I made these with the additional ingredients, I noticed that they pulled away from the liners, which hasn't happened to me before -- I just unwrapped most of them before bringing them to my official "cupcake tester" to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment